What is dehydration?
General symptoms of dehydration include the following:
- Less frequent urination
- Dry skin
- Slight dizziness
- Dark urine
Signs of dehydration in children also include:
- Dry mouth and tongue
- Lack of tears when they cry
- Dry diapers for 3 or more hours
- Dimpled tummy, eyes or cheeks
- High fever
- Drowsiness or irritability
- Skin that does not come back in a straight line when pinched
If you suspect you or your child is dehydrated, call your doctor right away. Severe dehydration may require hospitalization.