Dr. Alkiviadis F. Pappas – Colorectal Surgeon
Dr. Alkiviadis F. Pappas
Surgeon – Specialist Proctologist
Director of the surgical-proctology department of the Athens Medical Group, Doctor of Medicine at the University of Athens
Dr. Alkiviadis F. Pappas is a proctologist / Colorectal Surgeon, a specialist in bowel and rectal diseases, with recognized pioneering research work in this field and experience in treating more than 11,000 cases.
From the beginning of his career he turned to the use of the latest generation of lasers for the treatment of bowel and rectal diseases, with the aim of achieving the least possible intervention in this so sensitive area.
Very soon he began to evolve the techniques so that they could be done exclusively by laser application, i.e. without a scalpel and without complications. The techniques he developed radically changed the standards in the treatment of a number of conditions, both in Greece and in Europe.
Thanks to these techniques, the treatment of some conditions that before may have been a torturous affair, is now done exclusively with the use of Laser, painlessly and effectively.
The techniques that Dr. Alkiviadis Pappas developed and developed include the following:
- Laser Hemorrhoidoplasty (Evolution of the Technique)
- Peripheral Fistula (Evolution of the FilaC Technique)
- Coccygeal Cyst (SiLaT Technique Development)
- Antecubital Itch (Technique development)
- Anal fissure (Technique development)
Some of these techniques were presented at the 11th Congress of Coloproctology, so that other specialists in anal and bowel diseases can start to apply the use of Laser as the most appropriate method of surgery/treatment.
Alkiviadis F. Pappas completed his studies at the Medical School of the University of Athens, where he graduated with “A”.
Subsequently, after completing his field service in Finikounda, Messinia, he began his specialization as a General Surgeon at the Surgical Clinic of the General Hospital of Kyparissia, which he successfully completed in 2005 at the 1st Surgical Clinic of the General Hospital “Georgios Gennimatas”.
In 2006 he was awarded a doctorate in Medicine of the University of Athens, Greece. He was awarded the degree of “Excellent”.
Since 2007 he has been working with well-known private clinics both as a general surgeon and as a specialist in anal diseases.
In 2009, having deepened his expertise in anal diseases, as one of the few specialist proctologists in the country*, he proceeded to establish the Special Proctology Center “PROCTOCLINIC”, utilizing the most modern medical technological equipment. Since then, he has been a pioneer in the diagnosis and treatment of anal diseases, evolving treatment methods based on international developments in coloproctology techniques.
- Seminar on transrectal microsurgery in an experimental operating room at the European Surgical Institute in Hamburg, Germany. (2008)
- Treatment of hemorrhoidal disease with HELP (hemorrhoidal artery ligation and shrinkage of hemorrhoidal nodules with LASER) and LHP (hemorrhoidoplasty with LASER) in Rome, Italy. (2009)
- A comparative study on the treatment of hemorrhoidopathy with the methods of HAL-RAR ultrasound-assisted ligation, LOGO, LHP-laser hemorrhoidoplasty and dilation, according to P. Lord, in which colleagues Sayer, Logo and Shah (India) also participated. (2008-2009)
- Intensive coloproctology course at St. Mark’s Hospital, London, specifically in the management of multiple fistulas, High Perianal Fistulas and fistulas in Crohn’s disease; (2010)
- Treatment of faecal incontinence with neurostimulation (Interstim Therapy) at the University of Erlagen, Germany. (2010)
- Intensive course in advanced surgical techniques in coloproctology at St. Mark’s Hospital, London.(2012)
- LASER treatment of High Perianal Fistulas, FILAC method, Berlin. (2013)
- Practical training and exchange of experience in improved versions of haemorrhoidoplasty with LASER, Berlin. (2013)
- *Founding member of the Board of Directors of the International Proctology Centre INTER. CE. PT.